Effective 12 March 2014
HotelClub is committed to maintaining and ensuring your privacy.
"Affiliates and Business Partners" means other companies who HotelClub is related to or contracts with.
To "Book" means to reserve.
"Cookie" means a small computer file that is sent from our web server to a Subscriber, Member or Guest's computer for the purpose of future identification of that computer on future visits to the Web Site.
"Guest" means an individual who can search and book Products or Services on the Web Site without being a Member.
"HotelClub”, “us”, “our”, or "we" means HotelClub Pty Ltd and its related bodies corporate.
"Member" means an individual who has registered with the Web Site. Members have a Member ID and a password.
"Member ID" means the e-mail address you use (with your password) to login to our Web Site.
“Pixel Tag” means a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and is used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
"Products or Services" means the hotel accommodation and any other items available from the Web Site.
"Session Data" means usage information, such as the type of Internet browser and operating system an individual uses, the domain name of the web site from which the individual came, the date, time and duration of the visit, number of visits, average time spent on the Web Site, pages viewed, domain name of the individual and number of cookies accumulated. This information is anonymous and does not identify individual visitors to the site.
"Subscriber" means an individual who elects to receive offers or promotions by email or otherwise from HotelClub without becoming a Member or a Guest.
"User" means a Guest or Member.
"Web Site" means the www.RatesToGo.com and its respective sub web sites together with the respective content, Products and Services available from this Web Site or sub Web Sites.
2. The personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you in the course of providing a Product or Service or when you have other dealings with us. We may also collect information about you in order for you to register as a Member, become a Subscriber, complete an online registration form, participate in a survey or competition, receive our customer services, ask a question or initiate a transaction on our website, over the phone, via email or via a mobile application.
For example, we may collect details including but not limited to your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit card number and expiry date, and details of your hotel and other travel details. We may also collect your personal information from others who make a booking on your behalf.
We collect your personal information if you submit a review on our Web Site. In doing so, you should be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, collected or used by other users. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in reviews and such disclosure of personal information by you is strictly voluntary. If you wish to request the removal of your personal information from your review, you can do so by contacting us as indicated below in Contact Information. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
You can visit certain areas of our Web Site without revealing who you are or signing-in. When you visit our Web Site as a Guest, Member or Subscriber, we collect Session Data through analytics tools, Cookies and Pixel Tags as discussed below.
Analytics tools, Cookies and Pixel Tags
We collect additional information about your interaction with the Web Site without identifying you as an individual. For example, we use technologies such as website analytics tools, cookies and pixel tags to collect Session Data for the purpose of helping us to recognize you when you visit our Web Site again and to help us customize your online experience. Unless a user specifically informs us of his/her identity (e.g. by registering with us), we will not know who the individual user is.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept Cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the Web Sites you visit.
If you decide not to accept our Cookies, you will be able to access those parts of our Web Site that are available to the general public, but you may not be able to access many of the Products and Services offered at our Web Site.
Additionally, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also deliver advertisements and provide website analytics tools on non-HotelClub websites and services, and we collect information such as page views on these third party sites as well.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from HotelCub, we may use customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
3. How we use personal information
We use personal information to:
· provide you with the Products or Services;
· assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers in relation to the provision of a Product or Service;
· send you information about our Products or Services that may be of interest to you, including those of our Affiliates and Business partners;
· process and track your transactions;
· collect and process payments, through us or a third party;
· facilitate your participation in our membership program;
· conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of HotelClub and selected third parties;
· develop, enhance, market, sell or provide our Products or Services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship, but only if you have granted us permission to do so or we are otherwise able to do so under applicable law;
· perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
· verify your identity;
· communicate with you by email, mail or telephone;
· analyse and manage the use of our Web Site;
· personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at our Web Site to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
· investigate, detect and protect HotelClub against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
· effect a corporate transaction in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in the regular course of business;
· as otherwise permitted by law; or
· for any other purpose to which you consent.
Use of Aggregated Information and Session Data
We also use aggregated information (which is information recorded in any form about more than one individual) where the identity of the individual is not known and cannot be inferred from the information. We may use aggregated information to describe our User base to current or potential partners, investors and advertisers; after a survey, to understand and respond to market needs and preferences; or to make recommendations to other Users of our Web Site. For example, if Users of our Web Site who have travelled to a particular destination told us that they had positive experiences at a hotel in that destination, we might recommend that hotel.
4. Our disclosure of personal information
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information as follows:
· To suppliers of our Products or Services, such as hotels and accommodation service providers;
· To organizations that perform services for or on behalf of HotelClub, for example to provide customer service, process credit cards, submit e-mail communications to you on our behalf, for research, marketing, data processing, to measure the use of our Web Site, to facilitate usage by a User, or to offer credit card services or evaluate your creditworthiness. We will share with these companies only that personal information which they need to work on our behalf.
· To protect our Web Site and our rights under our Terms and Conditions of Use;
· To protect the rights or property of HotelClub, including the enforcement of our agreements or polices governing your use of the Products or Services or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain;
· To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business; and
· To our insurers and to regulatory agencies.
We may disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose with your consent or if the disclosure is required by or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may also be disclosed to HotelClub’s related bodies corporate who are located in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Hong Kong, Singapore and China. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
5. How we retain and store personal information
We retain your personal information in our databases in accordance with our records management policy and applicable laws. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes for which your personal information was collected – this may include ensuring that we have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. For example, we may need or be required to retain information to allow you to obtain credit for a trip you Booked but had to cancel. We may also need to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity; to protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or where a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
Your Personal Information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by HotelClub, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
6. How we protect personal information
HotelClub employs physical, administrative and technical safeguards to keep personal information secure from unauthorised access, misuse, loss and interference, and regularly review our security policies.
If you choose to contact HotelClub through the Web Site, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web might not be secure. HotelClub assumes no liability for the loss of any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web. However, should you choose to pay by credit card when making a booking or reservation on the Web Site, your card details are encrypted for the transaction using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Credit card details are only used to pay for accommodation related costs booked through our service. These details are stored securely at all times, are not used for any other purpose and will never be provided to any unauthorised third parties.
7. How to access or correct your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information (i) we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and (ii) we use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure.
All Users of the Web Site may request access to update or correct personal information we hold about them by emailing us at privacy@HotelClub.com.
At any time, Members can view and/or update all the personal information in their member profile. To do so, login on the Membership Homepage and click on "My Profile" to view and/or make the required changes. Should you wish to cancel your membership with HotelClub, simply notify us by sending an email to customer_service@HotelClub.com.
8. Marketing and Privacy
Opting out and unsubscribing
Links to Third Party Websites
HotelClub has relationships with online business partners which permits Users to link directly to websites operated by these partners. Some of these sites may be "co-branded" with the HotelClub logo; however, these sites may not be owned, operated or maintained by or on HotelClub’s behalf.
9. Sensitive information
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is desirable for your travel arrangements. We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and reasonably expected. Otherwise, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless required to do so by law. Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.
10. Information about other travellers
If any proposed change is unacceptable to you, you may contact us using the details below.
12. How to contact us
If you have any complaints about HotelClub’s handling of your personal information or would like to correct, update or access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us at privacy@HotelClub.com or HotelClub Pty Ltd, Attn: Customer Service – Privacy, PO Box Q773, Sydney NSW 1230, Australia.
We will respond to all complaints sent to this email address within thirty (30) days of receipt or as soon as practicable. If we receive your request at a different email address, we will respond as soon as practicable.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information on privacy, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s (OAIC's) hotline service on 1300 363 992 or visit the OAIC 's website at www.oaic.gov.au.